Transparency is important to us, so we want you to know the rights you have over your personal data – to opt-out of marketing, to ask us for a copy of your data, to object to our use of it, and, occasionally, to ask us to delete it.
The terms of this Notice apply to all users of the Drain Heroes website (www.drainheroes.co.uk) (referred to in this Notice as the “company website“). If you do not agree with the terms of this Notice, you should immediately discontinue use of the website.
Who does this notice apply to?
Us. We are Drain Heroes Limited, trading as Drain Heroes in the UK (“we“, “us” or “our“).
We are responsible (the ‘data controllers‘) for holding your data in relation to any queries or requests for quotes you submit, any transactions you enter into and any newsletters and marketing you’ve signed up to receive from us. We are also responsible for the operation of the website.
If you have any questions about this Notice or how we use your data, please get in touch using the details shown in the Contact Us below.
What data do we collect or hold?
Personal data means any information which can be used to directly or indirectly identify you including by way of example, your name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address and any device ID (such as your IP address), either by itself or when linked with other personal data.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, as categorised below:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or our franchisees.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data, which cannot be used to identify you. For example, we may look at total statistics of the numbers of people visiting portions of our website or the number of inquiries we receive from different geographical regions.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect personal data, as described below:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone (including our call centre), email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- request a quote for products or services;
- create an account on the website;
- subscribe to our publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- respond to a customer satisfaction survey or enter a competition or promotion; or
- give us some feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as banks, credit card providers and companies allowing the taking of credit card payments based both inside and outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- Identity and Contact Data from National Account customers (such as insurance companies), who ask us to provide products and services to their policyholders.
- Identity and Contact Data from third party recommendation sites (such as Trusted Trader, Checkatrade etc.), if you have asked for a query or request to be passed to us via that site.
How your personal data is used, and the legal basis for doing so
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us (respectively) to do so. Most commonly, your personal data will be used in the following circumstances:
- To run the Drain Heroes website. We use your data to operate and improve your experience on the website. For some of the features on the website to work, we need to remember you. For example, there are sections in the website where we may ask you to register in order to gain access to documents, to be able to download various items, to make contact with us or to get a quote for products or services.
- Responding to enquiries. If you contact us for any reason, the data provided will be used to respond to your query. This includes us passing your data to our engineers so that they can contact you to respond to the query. We also want to learn from your feedback (including any responses you may give to our customer satisfaction surveys) so that we can keep getting better. We use the information for these legitimate business purposes, provided that we don’t do this in a way that infringes on your data protection rights.
- From social media. If you interact with our Facebook page, Instagram, or other social media presence, the information you provide will be used to respond to questions or comments you leave.
- For marketing. We use personal data to promote our products and services, and let you know about special offers. Your email address and other contact details will be collected when you sign up for newsletters and other promotional events. You will always be asked to consent to receive our promotional material. We will also store information about your preferences, like whether you’ve decided to opt-in to marketing emails, what types of products and services you seem to be interested in and how often you open the emails we send to further our interest in providing you the most relevant advertising.
- For legal and business reasons. Where the law requires it or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use personal data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business. We also use personal data for safety and security, to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of any of our policies.
Who is your information shared with?
- Service providers. Your personal data could also be shared with companies providing services under contract to us and our franchisees for all the reasons described above, such as payment processing and professional services providers, data analysts, IT service providers and research companies who help us provide products and services to you, and give us an insight into how we can better serve you and all of our other customers, professional advisors, and information technology providers.
Will your information be shared abroad?
Some of the service providers to whom we share your personal data also access personal data in the United States and other countries that do not have equivalent data protection laws to the European Economic Area (“EEA“). Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in the EU.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
If you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA, please get in touch using the details in the Contact Details section below.
How to stop receiving notices about future offers
If you no longer want to receive marketing materials and details of offers, please let us and/or our franchisees (as applicable) know by using the details in the Contact Details section below. Please make sure that include your full name and address or email address.
Alternatively, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the emails or follow the instructions in any SMS messages sent to you.
What other rights do you have?
The General Data Protection Regulation accords you certain rights in relation to the personal data we or our franchisees hold about you, which we describe below. If you would like to exercise any of these rights against either us or our franchisees, please direct your enquiry to the appropriate party, as described in the Contact Details section below.
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement or compelling interest). Where you have been asked to give your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to us processing your data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us or our franchisees to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in the country you reside, where you work or where we are located.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as we (respectively) need it for our legitimate interests in accordance with applicable law. After such time, your information will either be deleted or anonymized or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then it will be securely stored and isolated from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Account information: We retain your account information (which may include Identity, Contact, Financial and Transaction Data) for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate it. We and our franchisees also retain some of your information to comply with our (respective) legal obligations or to resolve disputes, to enforce any contractual agreements, and to continue to develop and improve our products and services.
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we will each retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest, such as when you last opened an email from us or our franchisees (as applicable).
If you have any questions about the aspects of this Notice relevant to us, or the use of your personal data by us, please contact:
Drain Heroes Limited:
Address: Clanellen Delmer End Lane, Flamstead, St. Albans, England, AL3 8ER
Tel: 01582 797 359